Personalized and caring involvement in fixing your hacked website– it’s what we do.
- Our goal is to help you prevent your website from being hacked again.
- Service is very important to us. We intend to reply to every email you send us within five minutes; and likewise begin working to fix your website within minutes of your call.
- No outsourcing to an unknown sweat shop of workers in some unknown country. We are a California-based business.
- We consider every phone call we receive a blessing. Call us anytime, (619) 479-6637, or Toll-Free, (800) 639-6442, or email, jim at hackrepair dot com
- Once we’ve completed the clearing of malware from your website we will, with your approval, help you install software to better secure your website in future.
- Throughout the course of cleaning your hacked website we will provide you with a real-time report on what we are doing, what we’ve found, and what to watch out for in future.
- Even after your website has been secured and Google.com reputation restored we will remain available by phone or email for any question you may have in the future. Think of us as “your website security experts for life!”
- With fifteen years of web hosting and Internet security related experience, our skill sets are unique and available to you for a reasonable flat fee.
- We treat every hack repair project we work on as though it were our own website.
Our service goals include:
Our #1 goal is to ensure your website is never hacked again. We hope to impart to you all of the lessons we’ve learned from previous clients, and help make you a WordPress security guru by the time we are finished.
Our #2 goal is to report back to you everything we’ve done, including showing you what malware looks like and how to locate it.
3. Long term security.
Once we’ve cleared all malware from your website, our goal #3 is to better secure your website from random bots and other malicious folk. Below are some of the tasks we intend to build into your website (for WordPress clients):
- Enable a 404 error detection. This helps to block random bots of finding you.
- Enable backups. We don’t want all of our good works lost due to accidental file deletion.
- Enable brute force login protection. This will help block hackers attempting to guess your password.
- Enable file locking so hackers cannot edit core WordPress files.
- Enable real-time logging within your site. This will notify us if something changes within your site unexpectedly.
- Enable settings to reduce comment spam.
- Enable you to better secure your website by teaching you security best practices.
- Enable your website to deny the execution of scripts within images directories. This helps to discourage hackers from hiding back door scripts within directories you would not normally check or monitor.
- Enable real-time file monitoring.
- And much more…
Below are words of encouragement and testimonials received from some of our recent customers:
My website was infected with malware and I couldn’t get into it to delete anything. I was at my wits ends until I emailed Mike at Hackrepair. He was very professional, told me what to expect and worked diligently to get the website up and running. I never expected to have it up and running so quickly. I don’t know much about website repair or operation for that matter. But Mike answered my questions and told me exactly what to do. I would go to him again if I get hacked again.
My site http://www.theacnproject .com got hacked and then was flagged by Google indicating Malware. I couldn’t fix it – way beyond my capabilities. I looked at serval hack repair services but quickly realized that it takes a real professional person to fix these issues. I called Jim and http://www.HackRepair.com who ended up being outstanding. Once I sent back the agreement and fee he worked to fix the site. He found and fixed all kinds of issues that I never dreamed of, and had the site back up in a few hours. Plus he sent in the proper notices to Google so the malware message were removed very fast as well. Outstanding service.
My website was hacked and my developers didn’t seem in a hurry to fix it. I then got a email from Google about my site being hacked. After watching the tutorials on google Hackrepair.com was listed as a recommendation for help. I called Jim in the morning and he called me right back. An actual person in this day and age called me back. He explained exactly what he would do. He was even checking my website as we spoke. A few emails back and forth and within a few hours I was up and running. He sent me a detailed description of what he found and what he did to repair. He then went further and contacted Google to get my website back in their good graces. His expertise, fantastic customer service was above and beyond what I expected. I would recommend him to everyone.
When we got the unwelcome news that our magazine website had been hacked, we contacted Jim first, expecting to research multiple options before taking any action. But Jim was so thorough in his explanation of the situation, confident of success and reasonable in his terms, that we went ahead with him immediately.
We were back online and back in Google’s good graces even sooner than he projected. The site has been perfect since and is protected against a repeat occurrence. I could not recommend Jim and HackRepair.com more highly. Send me an email if you have any questions about our experience.
I highly recommend HackRepair.com to fix your website if it gets hacked. Jim Walker is kind, helpful, professional and he fixed our hacked website promptly when I contacted him. It was wonderful to find someone we could trust to fix our website immediately when it was hacked. Focus on Youth is a non-profit helping homeless youth to grow their own food and our website is critical to our program. We are very grateful to Jim!
I actually called two of Jim’s other reviewers before hiring him, just to be on the safe side before handing over my information.
He was flexible, responsive, fast, and effective. As far as I can tell, he fixed the problem entirely. What more do you need?
– Nicholas G.
I called Jim midday on a Monday and everything was resolved by Monday night. I have a small blog that was taken down by malware and didn’t know what to do, and Jim explained what had probably happened and the process he would use to fix it. While he was working on my site, he sent progress emails to let me know where he was in the process. He even called me when he needed more information from me. Personal service like this, especially in the technology world, is hard to find. I can’t recommend HackRepair enough. – Michelle Bac
I called him on a Sunday afternoon and my site was fixed by Monday morning. He was extremely responsive and happy to help. It gives me peace of mind to know I have someone to call if I ever get hacked again and I plan to use his services to ensure that never happens.
For a second time Jim has responded to our frantic SOS (save our site!) call and has been nothing less than excellent. He got right down to business and was already working on the solution before I had even hung up the phone. Knowing Jim was now in control and solving our hacked site, bought us out of panic mode and restored sanity in the office. He not only fixed our hacked site in a matter of minutes, he followed up with helpful recommendations to prevent further attacks. My only regret is not calling him sooner.
Jim is a great guy in charge of a company that truly cares.
– Scott S.
Jim’s help saved our non-profit’s webpage from sustained hacks that were preventing us from carrying out our organization’s mission of helping women and children’s health. He was a guardian angel. In my years of building and maintaining websites, I’ve never experienced anything like the level of service Jim provided.
Before finding Jim, we first tried one expensive big-time internet security competitor of Jim’s. They were unable to stop the attacks. Plus, that service wouldn’t let me talk with them on the phone, and without real-time communication, fending off a sustained attack was impossible. Read the next paragraph to be amazed at the level of personal service that Jim gives, a level that is almost impossible to find anywhere from any computer or internet service company.
I found Jim through his website. He started work on our sites immediately and worked steadily with me over two days to fix the problems on four websites for an amazingly reasonable fee. He answered his phone every time I called. He patiently and clearly explained what he was doing and what I needed to do. He kept me constantly updated on progress with numerous emails throughout the day. Note that these were not automated or stock emails, but were a clear log of each step he completed, along with the corresponding next step he needed me to accomplish. He responded to my own emails either immediately or within a few minutes.
He manually cleaned our code, working with me to identify and remove suspicious files. His team even made some corrections to our website’s basic code and identified outdated plug-ins where the hacker may have gotten access (leaving me to do these plug-in fixes).
At my request, he helped us get the sites behind a Securi firewall for added security going forward. We ended up moving all our sites to his hosting service where they are now segregated in separate accounts, making cross infection among sites less likely, and where he will have quicker access should there be further attacks. To give you an idea how he cares about the people he is helping, he initially recommended, given we’re a non-profit with limited resources, that we get hosting from another bulk-hosting company that would offer cheaper rates. But it was a no-brainer to have him host us because it will be easier and faster for him to respond to any future problems.
The best thing about working with Jim is that he didn’t just go through routine steps. He thought about the big picture and helped us plan a smart step-by-step strategy to lock out the hacker, repair the sites, create clean backup copies that easily replace damage if the sites are hacked in the future, and move the sites to a more secure environment. Equally important was developing a step-by-step strategy for reopening the sites. For example, our most sensitive site will for now be entirely password protected, with the possibility of removing that protection later.
Jim turned around a complete disaster in two days!